I have two more untrieds to share with you in tonight's mani, and a tutorial for my X-design accent nail. This is my first stab at a St. Patrick's Day manicure, and I love how it turned out! I'm a birthday shamrock princess, so I always get really into my green looks. I think I'll end up trying to incorporate gold rather than silver in my final birthday design, but this was a great start!
Here's the tutorial for my accent nail. It's totally simple, and really doesn't require hardly any skill--just a steady hand and some patience! But I was asked to make one by a few people, so I figured why not?!
1. Paint your base color, and let it dry completely. I used Zoya - Neely (untried #1!)
2. I like to cut all my tape before getting started. Depending on how many X's you want, cut enough medium and small-sized pieces, plus some extras just in case. I got my striping tape from the Born Pretty Store.
3. Start with a single X dividing your entire nail.
4 & 5 Add smaller V's within each quadrant of the X.
6. If you want to add a second X, do so where you have space. Sometimes I skip this step if I'm in a hurry.
7. Apply one coat of your second color to the entire nail. Go for an opaque color that won't require multiple coats, since you want to remove the tape before it dries.
8. Carefully remove the tape using tweezers.
9. Clean up, top coat, and you're all done!
The other nails are a subtle gradient using Sinful Colors - Snow Me White and Zoya - Neely, topped with The Juicebox Lacquer - Nobody Likes You When You're Dead (untried #2!)
Have you been sharing your untrieds with Rei and I on Instagram? Only two more days to join us on the #hiveminduntrieds tag for a chance to win some nail goodies!