photo c2f2b482954a36ed8e31b3782ddbd248_zpsce020d8c.jpg Home About Me Nail Care Disclosure Contact  photo e12a381ad30282bd4f39f6f699cd8a07_zpsbaf600bc.jpg
Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nail Honey Fall/Winter 2013

Good morning, everyone! Today I have swatches of some truly beautiful Nail Honey polishes to share with you! As I've said before, Nail Honey was one of the first indie brands I tried, and I've come to really appreciate the solid formula, unique pigmentation, and the friendship of their creator, Bee.

Polishes in this blog post were purchased at a promotional rate for review.

First up is Gray Sky Mourning, a stunning gray with scattered shimmer throughout. Photos show three thin coats topped with Seche Vite.


The polish base is on the creme side of crelly, so unfortunately, hex glitters from the first layer of polish end up being pretty hidden. But I do love the holo shards that peek through, they add a really nice depth to the overall look.


Here is Indigo Go Girl, a fabulously rich deep blue polish with silver shimmer. Photos show two coats without topcoat.


The amount of shimmer in this one is perfect, and adds a nice dimension to the brightness of the blue. I also love the super glossy finish!


Next one is Smooth Operator, THE perfect fall teal. Also has a subtle silver shimmer, not quite as pronounced as in Indigo Go Girl, giving it a more flat creme look. I love this one for a simple office mani that is still unique with a pop of color! Photo shows two thin coats topped with Seche Vite, but with careful application you could definitely get away with just one coat.


Last one is Double Cup Love, a bright magenta with silvery/holo shimmer. The shimmer is much more evident in this one, and paired with the metallic-y base, it almost looks like a scattered holo. This is a super sexy color, perfect for a hot date or a night out with the girls. Photo is two coats, no top coat.


Also, if you've been paying attention throughout this post, you've seen my amazing shrinking nails! These swatches were done over the course of about two weeks where my nails have been suffering an identity crisis. I haven't really had major breaks, but I honestly have no idea what to do about my nail shape, and I keep just taking off more and more. Looking at these photos, though, I really miss the longer length seen in Gray Sky Mourning and Indigo Go Girl! What's a nail girl to do?!


Follow @nailhoney on Instagram for availability, promotions, and other fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment